Our Newport Beach HydraFacial treatment is quickly becoming one of the most popular in-office skincare treatments, due to its effectiveness and lack of side effects. It can address many skin concerns, including dry skin and aging skin with a four-step treatment which includes cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, and hydration with serums, specifically tailored to improve your skin quality and condition.
How does the HydraFacial Work?
A HydraFacial can remove dead skin cells and clean clogged pores with gentle suction power. After the skin has been thoroughly cleansed, exfoliated, and extracted, the skin is infused with custom serums to hydrate the skin and target a range of skin concerns.
One may choose from anti-aging antioxidants or blemish controlling exfoliants to keep the pores clear. The patented technology behind HydraFacial not only handles fine lines and wrinkles, but it can also improve congested skin without manual extraction.
What to expect from a HydraFacial treatment?
A HydraFacial in Newport Beach begins with cleansing and exfoliating to remove dead skin cells and sebum from the skin.
Next, chemical exfoliants such as salicylic acid and glycolic acid are applied to the skin to break down sebum and dirt from within the pores. The Hydrapeel Tip is then used to vacuum blackheads, dirt, oil, and other skin clogging impurities from the pores leaving the skin hydrated, plump and glowing.
Who is a good candidate for the HydraFacial?
Our Orange County HydraFacial treatment is so gentle that it can be performed on any skin type. In addition, the treatment is specifically tailored to the patient so their skin concerns are treated correctly. Good candidates for the HydraFacial include those with the following skin difficulties:
- Fine lines
- Loss of firmness
- Skin texture concerns
- Congested pores
Although this treatment is non-invasive and gentle on all skin types, those with severe acne or rosacea are advised on how to treat their skin concerns with other methods before trying a HydraFacial.
For example, you may require a deeper level of resurfacing or you may achieve better wrinkle-smoothing results from medical grade peels or fillers. All of these options are discussed in a private consultation with Nurse Leslie Stewart, our highly-trained aesthetic nurse.
Your HydraFacial follows the following steps:
- Cleansing & Exfoliation: The doctor uses a deplaning tool to remove the dead skin cells and debris, and to unclog pores.
- Acid Peel: A glycolic/salicylic acid peel is applied to your face for a few minutes, creating a gentle tingling sensation without discomfort.
- Extraction: The doctor applies a “vortex-extraction nozzle” over your skin, which basically acts like a vacuum, sucking away all the debris and dirt from your pores. The debris from your skin collects in a little cup attached to the vacuum’s base.
- Serum Infusion: A special tool is used to saturate your skin with a serum comprising a rich toxin of antioxidants and collagen. This serum promotes hydration and elasticity, leaving your skin aglow.
- Don’t shower, wash your face, or break a sweat for 6 to 8 hours after the procedure
- Don’t do any chemical peels or dermaplaning for at least 2 weeks
- You may have slight redness for 2-4 hours after the procedure
- Your skin may start flaking a few days after the treatment — these are just the excess dead skin cells falling away. Please refrain from picking at the peeling.
- Don’t use chemical exfoliants for at least 2 days after the treatment
- Avoid exposure to the sun or tanning beds for at least 2 weeks
- Wear sunscreen regularly for 3-7 days after the treatment
- You may start wearing mineral-free makeup approximately 24 hours after the procedure
What is the recovery for a HydraFacial?
Since the HydraFacial is so gentle on the skin, there is no downtime. It is an excellent treatment for those with acne, fine lines, flaky skin, or a dull complexion. It can brighten and clear the skin, reduce large pores, and even skin tone with no side effects.
You may experience mild redness after the procedure, but that will quickly subside. Following your treatment, it is best to let the skin rest. It is advised to avoid makeup or applying other products to your skin for 24 hours.
Your HydraFacial Consultation
At Newport Beach MedSpa, we examine your skin type to recommend the ideal skin treatment solutions for your specific needs. If you want a refreshing and rejuvenating glow, extracting and eliminating all the dirt and debris from your pores, please schedule your HydraFacial consultation today.
Why Choose Newport Beach Center for Plastic Surgery?
- Highly trained medical assistant, Amber Quevedo administers the HydraFacial at Newport Beach Center for Plastic Surgery
- Our med spa procedures are all overseen by expert board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Nirav Savalia
If you wish to learn more, contact us today and schedule a consultation for arguably the best treatment of Hydrafacial Newport Beach has to offer.