Newport Beach Center for Plastic Surgery offers a full array of the world’s best facial injectable fillers, including JUVÉDERM, JUVÉDERM Voluma™, Belotero, Restylane, Perlane®, and Radiesse. Fillers can be an excellent way to smooth the appearance of facial wrinkles and add volume to the skin.
JUVÉDERM, Restylane, Radiesse and more
A plump, heart-shaped face is one of the hallmarks of youth. As we age, our skin begins to sag from loss of collagen and the subcutaneous fat thins, causing the face to become increasingly sunken and hollow in appearance.
Facial fillers use collagen, hyaluronic acid, and calcium hydroxylapatite to rejuvenate facial skin by reducing wrinkles and scars, enhancing lips and replacing lost facial volume.
My practice offers a full menu of today’s latest dermal fillers. Fillers can be an excellent choice for improving the appearance of certain facial wrinkles and adding volume to the skin.
When are facial fillers used?
Injectable fillers are very effective for deep facial wrinkles and are often used to treat the lines that run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth (known as nasolabial folds, laugh lines or parentheses lines). At Newport Beach Center for Plastic Surgery, fillers are often used to enhance cheeks by restoring a youthful facial fullness or to enhance lips by adding volume lost due to age.
Filler injections may be combined with other med spa treatments such as BOTOX® injections or a chemical peel. They can also be used to enhance the results of facial cosmetic surgery performed by Dr. Nirav Savalia.
What is the recovery from facial fillers?
Facial injectable fillers require a small amount of downtime. Typically, one may experience some temporary swelling or redness at the injection site for one or two days. Occasionally it is possible to develop a visible bruise in the area of the injection, which may require five to seven days to disappear entirely. You must plan appropriately and far enough in advance of meaningful life or work events to allow for a beautiful result!
Improvement and results are visible immediately after treatment and can last from six months to two years, depending on the brand of filler used and how quickly your body metabolizes the filler material.
What different types of fillers are there?
Filler spotlight: JUVÉDERM Voluma
JUVÉDERM Voluma is the first and only injectable filler that is FDA-approved to add volume instantly to the cheeks. It achieves a subtle lift, helping to restore contour and a more youthful profile for up to two years. It is formulated differently than JUVÉDERM, and is focused on the cheek area. Highlights include the following:
- Instantly adds volume to the cheeks and creates a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to two years with optimal treatment
- From Allergan, the makers of JUVÉDERM, BOTOX, and other trusted beauty treatments
Filler spotlight: Belotero
Though it is one of the newer injectables on the market, Belotero can offer many benefits, even for men and women who rely on other facial filler treatments. Here are just a few areas where Belotero can be effective:
- Very fine lines – The formulation of Belotero enables it to work in very small areas where other fillers may “overfill” the imperfection
- Transverse forehead lines – These lines across the brow can be treated with BOTOX; in cases of very deep furrows, the addition of Belotero can help create a much smoother appearance; in some patients with low eyebrows for whom BOTOX is not a good option for the forehead, Belotero alone can work wonders
- Crow’s feet – Again, Belotero can be a good added treatment where BOTOX does not adequately correct these lines around the eyes
- Nasolabial folds – Many fillers can successfully treat this area of the face; we have found that Belotero offers the advantage of not causing the slight bluish tint under the skin that can be a side effect of other fillers for those with lighter skin tones
Collagen and facial fillers
Collagen is an essential building block of the skin which gives it both elasticity and firmness. As we age, collagen breaks down, and new collagen production declines. The soft layer of fat beneath the skin’s surface begins to diminish. Injectable fillers can replace lost collagen and fat to increase facial volume and plump and fill deeper lines and wrinkles.
Why choose Newport Beach Center for Plastic Surgery?
- Aesthetic nurse, Leslie Stewart, RN, has close to 20 years of experience administering injectables
- Board-certified surgeon Dr. Nirav Savalia works closely with Nurse Leslie to ensure you receive superior results and high-end service
- Dr. Nirav Savalia is listed in Orange Coast Top Doctors for 2019, Castle Connolly Top Doctors 2019 and Top Doctor on RealSelf
- Dr. Nirav Savalia and Nurse Leslie have dedicated their skills and expertise to create a very natural, rejuvenated appearance in their patients
Who is a good candidate for facial fillers?
A good candidate for facial fillers is generally healthy and may have one or more of the following concerns:
- Noticeable loss of volume in several areas of the face, leading to an aged look
- Laugh lines extend from the corners of the nose down to the jaw
- Wrinkles and creases around the eyebrows and eyes
- Fine lines they wish to smooth before they get more deeply etched
I like BOTOX because it makes me feel refreshed, youthful, and gives me that little bit of extra confidence. People are shocked when they hear I’m over 40 and they want to know my secret!
Contact Newport Beach Center for Plastic Surgery
For more information on JUVÉDERM, Belotero, Restylane, Perlane, or Radiesse, Contact Newport Beach Center for Plastic Surgery. Dr. Nirav Savalia and his highly-trained team of professionals are committed to helping you reach your cosmetic goals. They take the needed time to educate you on all options when it comes to facial fillers.