What Does a Mommy Makeover Entail?
Being a mom is a beautiful gift. It can remind you of life’s preciousness and help you gain more compassion for yourself and others. Most women speak of motherhood as among the most rewarding experiences of their lives. What they don’t praise, however, are the unwanted changes that occur in their bodies. Pregnancy can transform the breasts, hips, thighs, and belly in numerous ways, lowering your self-confidence and making clothes fit poorly.
Fortunately, an all-encompassing procedure called a mommy makeover can address multiple cosmetic concerns at once, reducing downtime and costs. A mommy makeover can help restore a slim, sculpted, youthful physique, boost your self-image, and improve your overall quality of life.
What is a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover is a personalized treatment plan to combat changes that occur due to childbirth and breastfeeding. Each mommy makeover is tailored to your individual needs, so it entails procedures that you choose ahead of time with your plastic surgeon. These may include breast augmentation or breast reduction, breast lift, abdominoplasty, liposuction, and more.
A mommy makeover can address:
- Sagging, drooping breasts
- Low-hanging nipples
- A loss of breast volume
- Excess fat around the belly and thighs
- Separated abdominal muscles (diastasis recti)
- Stretch marks
- A deflated rear end
- Bulging thighs
What procedures are performed during a mommy makeover?
- Breast augmentation or reduction –There is no denying that the breasts will change shape, often dramatically, after childbirth. Breast augmentation can help combat a loss of fat volume, while breast reduction can correct breast tissue ballooned. Both procedures improve the breast shape and create a bust that is more proportionate to the body frame.
- Breast lift – Breast lift surgery, or mastopexy, is performed to address breast sagging after pregnancy. The procedure helps elevate the breasts to a more youthful, attractive angle, correcting downturned nipples. A breast lift is often combined with breast augmentation or breast reduction to comprehensively contour the upper body, restoring a more sculpted, shapely physique.
- Tummy tuck – Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck surgery, is performed to accomplish several body contouring results in the lower body at once. It can trim excess sagging skin, eradicate stubborn fat, and tighten separated six-pack muscles, revitalizing your figure and expanding your wardrobe options.
- Liposuction – Liposuction is a fat removal method that is often combined with body contouring surgeries to create a streamlined, sculpted silhouette. During the procedure, small incisions are created at the target areas. A slender tube called a cannula is then used to suction out unwanted fat, leaving behind more shapely, desirable curves.
- Labiaplasty – Labiaplasty removes excess skin from the vaginal region that may be causing irritation, discomfort, and a loss of sexual enjoyment. The procedure corrects the stretching and distortion that occurs as a result of childbirth.
- Facial rejuvenation – During motherhood, lines, wrinkles, and creases may occur in the complexion due to sleepless nights and high-stress levels. Facial rejuvenation helps combat these changes using dermal fillers, injectables, laser therapy, microneedling, and many other state-of-the-art cosmetic treatments that are safe and non-invasive.
What can I expect from recovery after a mommy makeover?
Because each mommy makeover is customized to your unique body type, lifestyle, comfort level, and expectations, recovery times will vary from patient to patient. However, the overall recovery will be less than if you had undergone the procedures on their own in succession instead of all at once.
Your surgeon will provide you with pain medications and compression garments, which help minimize your swelling and keep your new contours looking fabulous. You will need to follow detailed instructions regarding showering, sleeping, exercising, having intercourse, and returning to work. Most patients can expect to resume work within 2-3 weeks and exercise within 4-6 weeks.
What is the takeaway?
A mommy makeover has among the highest patient satisfaction rates, thanks to all the ways it can improve your appearance and jumpstart your confidence. Many women find that after a mommy makeover, they are more likely to eat right and exercise more, using their new, sculpted physique as inspiration. Call Dr. Savalia today to discover how a mommy makeover can revolutionize your self-image.